Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Ah...time for festivities as we herald the Earth Rat!

Here comes the firecrackers (shhh...don't tell anyone), goodies, ang pows and new clothes!

I'm very much looking forward to the Chinese New Year. Got exciting plans for all perpectives of my (working) life and this is THE year to decide on how I'm gonna live out my "life plan" for well...the rest of my life.

As for preparations, I've been doing the usual stuff scurrying here and there eg. planning for the New Year in terms of actions and what to do, shopping and also "updating" feng shui for coming year.

At the recent Joey Yap's annual talk, I was roped-in to help ease the "quickie" 10-min BaZi consultations line, even though I was busy with other things. The same amazing and often outrageous requests from the "quickie" clients ie. to tell them ALLLL aspects of their lives in uhm...10 min! Perhaps they didn't read the banner which exactingly mentions that they've got to prepare 3 questions to ask the consultant...Anyway, yours truly promptly put them in their place! Thank the heavens I didn't need to do that many of the "quickie" consultations because quite frankly that's not my style. I find it difficult to help someone meaningfully in that short of time.

At other times, I was reminded again and again at how impatient people are and how sooooo many people are in search of a quick fix with little or no effort. Is life ever so simple or more accurately, is life ever that *convenient*? Everything needs a bit of time, effort and investment folks...even when it comes to improving yourself and your life.

Speaking of which, if you've NOT gotten a full BaZi reading, what on earth are you still waiting for :)

Happy Earth Rat Year everyone and Gong Xi Fa Chai!!

No comments: